Byron Webb hosts smoothfm Sydney's More Music Drive show every weekday from 4pm to 8pm
Spring and Autumn are my absolute favourite times of year!
I love the cooler nights and getting the doona out again. Nothing like getting all warm and cosy on a cool night.
Here are some of my favourite things about this time of year...
1. My wife's spinach and feta pie - it's to die for!
2. Because I don't get on the radio until 4pm every day, I really enjoy taking our little girls, Sarah and Hilary, to the park in the morning. The weather is usually perfect - not too hot, not too cold.
3. I love a quiet night in when it's cold outside.
4. I'm really enjoying the new Rod Stewart smooth discovery we're playing at the moment, 'It's Over'. He captures the pain and heartache of a horrid divorce in this song, and even though it's very sad, it's classic Rod and I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Check out the YouTube sampler of his new album below...
5. My chicken spag bol (personal specialty!) goes down very well on an Autumn night when something hearty and filling is required.
A little about me...
At age 40+, my wife and I entered parenthood and now suddenly have two beautiful, healthy girls. A very gentle two and a half year old and an eight week old baby, Sarah and Hilary. They are the apples of our eyes completely!
For fun: I used to ride a motorbike (but sold it). And we have really been enjoying doing our house up on our own over the years. As a result of the kids though, downtime is a rare event these days - no social events much past 8pm either!
Hobbies: Music remains a huge hobby. I honestly love the joy of putting smoothfm on and knowing I'll hear a favourite song. I also have a big collection of albums on Rdio these days too and am always flicking through them.
Animals: We'd love a menagerie but our backyard has limited space. We have three cats in our lives and we do our best to make sure they are included with the little humans and get their fair share of love and affection.
Movies: I honestly can't name the last movie I saw! But I do know every character on In The Night a Garden and every host of Playschool these days.
Perfect weekend: A big breakfast, either out or at home, and a swim with the girls.