Listen to Mike Perso on smoothfm 91.5’s More Music Breakfast Show weekdays from 5:30am to 9am.
While other stations in Melbourne are still talking (and talking and talking…), the More Music Breakfast Show on smoothfm 91.5 is playing more music with less talk so your drive to work is as easy as it can be … full of great music to kick start your day.
Mike Perso eases listeners into their mornings from 5.30am and is joined by journalist Emma Bruer with the latest local and international news and a wrap of sport.
With over 20 years' radio experience, Mike juggles his radio career with family commitments, his devotion to the Carlton football club and a couple of very energetic dogs.
smoothfm’s More Music Breakfast show has some friendly banter, but as the name suggests it’s all about more music - a smooth blend of music you love from the likes of George Michael, Michael Bublé, Elton John, Adele and even Jason Mraz.
Hobbies and fun
What do you do for fun? Apart from sleeping, I love fishing. I don’t do it often enough but I love it when I do. My other favourite thing is catching up with friends and having a good laugh.
What are your hobbies? I’m a voracious reader and I love to cook. It’s one of the reasons Jac and I are a great team, she’s a great baker and I’m a good cook. I’m also pretty keen on cross country skiing.
Perfect weekend? A weekend away in the mountains with my mates and their wives. Spend the day cross country skiing, followed by cooking up a big hearty meal, a few bottles of red and a lot of laughs.
Top 5 Smooth Favourites
1. Van Morrison 'Crazy Love'
2. George Harrison/Beatles 'Something'
3. Rose Royce 'Wishing on a Star'
4. Michael Buble 'Home'
5. Bob Marley 'One Love/People Get Ready'
5 Autumn Favourites
1. Spending time at the Yarra Valley wineries
2. Walking around Werribee Gorge and the You Yangs
3. See Jac occasionally. She works for the Good Friday Appeal so she’s very busy this time of year.
4. Take the kids to Lacrosse training. They train, I walk the dogs by the beach.
5. I love reading on Autumn afternoons because I inevitably doze off on the couch